Helping organisations communicate better

Watch our showreel

Helping organisations communicate better

Our showreel

What we do

Lifetime Employer Communications™

Do you want to improve employee experiences, create a great place to work and lead inspirational change? As an experienced team of creators and communicators, we can help.

GSK Quiz

> Challenge: Improving awareness and education around phishing and cyber security

> Solution: A fun and interactive online quiz designed to educate and engage

> Result: Improved awareness and interest in cyber security, and a new learning method for the future

Unilever

> Challenge:
To get young people thinking about careers within Unilever’s Manufacturing and Engineering teams.

> Solution:
A multi-channel campaign inviting young people to walk in apprentices’ shoes.

> Result:
A foundation on which to build an inspiring identity for the entire UK apprenticeship programme.

Anchor Hanover

> Challenge:
To develop an engaging, fresh-look magazine for colleagues of the major new care provider Anchor Hanover

> Solution:
arch – a new, three times a year magazine with a celebratory tone of voice, look and feel

> Results:
Thanks in part to arch, 91% of Anchor Hanover colleagues said they understand how they contribute to the new company’s success.

Direct Line Group

> Challenge: To create an immersive environment at DLG’s new Bristol office

> Solution: An engaging, design-led workspace

> Result: More colleague collaboration and involvement in DLG communications

Southeastern Safety Campaign

> Challenge: Revitalise the safety culture among Southeastern colleagues.

> Solution: A fun and engaging campaign, encouraging colleagues to become safety champions.

> Result: Greater awareness and personal responsibility for safety at work.

GSK Quiz

> Challenge: Improving awareness and education around phishing and cyber security

> Solution: A fun and interactive online quiz designed to educate and engage

> Result: Improved awareness and interest in cyber security, and a new learning method for the future

Unilever

> Challenge:
To get young people thinking about careers within Unilever’s Manufacturing and Engineering teams.

> Solution:
A multi-channel campaign inviting young people to walk in apprentices’ shoes.

> Result:
A foundation on which to build an inspiring identity for the entire UK apprenticeship programme.

Anchor Hanover

> Challenge:
To develop an engaging, fresh-look magazine for colleagues of the major new care provider Anchor Hanover

> Solution:
arch – a new, three times a year magazine with a celebratory tone of voice, look and feel

> Results:
Thanks in part to arch, 91% of Anchor Hanover colleagues said they understand how they contribute to the new company’s success.

Meeting room with Privilege-themed wall art and bucket-style car seats around a table

Direct Line Group

> Challenge: To create an immersive environment at DLG’s new Bristol office

> Solution: An engaging, design-led workspace

> Result: More colleague collaboration and involvement in DLG communications

Southeastern staff with safety banner and cardboard cut-out of safety mascot, Alert Bert

Southeastern Safety Campaign

> Challenge: Revitalise the safety culture among Southeastern colleagues.

> Solution: A fun and engaging campaign, encouraging colleagues to become safety champions.

> Result: Greater awareness and personal responsibility for safety at work.

Colleagues have fun playing the board game

easyJet

> Challenge: Helping to improve awareness and understanding of easyJet’s customer experience for their 8,000 employees

> Solution: An interactive, multi-channel campaign to cascade the strategy – and get easyJet people talking about it

> Result: 89% of easyJet people understand how their role contributes to the company’s success

Intu

> Challenge: To refresh and reinvigorate employees’ understanding of intu’s ‘joy’ principles.

> Solution: A campaign of workshops and team activities that help colleagues bring ‘joy’ to life.

> Result: High manager engagement plus regular all-staff activities designed to encourage joy in people’s daily work.

Smiling employee seated at a control panel

Southeastern

> Challenge: A game-changing approach to connecting with 4,278 employees across the railway network from Kent to central London

> Solution: The Southeastern Standard colleague newspaper

> Result: 100% positive feedback on the newspaper’s launch issue

NWG colleagues looking through virtual reality headsets

Northumbrian Water Group

> Challenge: Getting colleagues to make safety a part of everything they do

> Solution: A 15-minute virtual reality experience to bring potential hazards to life

> Result: Colleagues are more aware of potential safety risks – and they’re carrying out safety checks unprompted

Cityscape animation on office TV

Avis Budget Group

> Challenge: To connect 30,000 employees to the global strategy

> Solution: ‘Our route to a smarter world’

> Result: Teams worldwide understand their role in delivering the strategy

A few projects we love…

Hannah Tallant - Head of Client Delivery, loves...
A real fave is the environmental branding and design we created for Direct Line Group. We took their values and created beautiful, bold and fun graphics, which transformed the building across all four floors. The result is an engaging workplace that people love.
Karl Jaques - Head of Design loves...
This project had me at ‘comic-book super powers’. It was a licence to have fun and everyone at Twist really threw themselves into it, which clearly comes out in the photography and animation. A lovely way to celebrate skills in a fresh light.
Louise Seastron - Senior Client Manager loves...

I love reading the people stories in the Standard – the colleagues who go above and beyond their roles to help customers and each other. As a monthly publication, there’s a constant stream of good news stories.

What our clients say…

Feedback on the town hall sessions has been excellent. And we’re developing a culture of ideas’ sharing.
HR Business Partner

The strategy campaign helps give people confidence in the future success of the company. 
Senior Manager

Our brief demanded bravery and fresh-thinking of Words&Pictures. They matched our ambition and raised
the game.
Head of Communication 

It’s what we’re benchmarking all future campaigns against. It has fundamentally changed how our
team is perceived by the business.

Employee Communications Manager